Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services used for various ends, so let's have a look at these. In that way, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to create a website, mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain companies, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between autonomous groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web site hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a great quantity of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your emails. Some providers offer hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content exclusively.